Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you knew the effects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or why not?Use examples from the story.

If i were given the chance to have an operation in order to make me smarter i would and wouldn't have it done on me for many reasons.I would have the operation because in that way i will atleast have the chance to get to see what being smart is like, and if people treated me different if i got smart.I wouldn't do it because if i knew the operation would make me smarter was going to be temporary, and as the time passes i would lose everything that i once knew and for then for me to die. Also in the story there are some side effects in Algernon and he slowly began to get dumb and forget everything that he once got the chance to know and then algernon died.

3 comments: